Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Have We Talked About Frank Gorshin Yet?


I think not.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

THE RIDDLER!!!

(unmasked and autographed)

I once saw Mr. Gorshin bombed out of his mind in an elevator in Secaucus, NJ. I was sitting on a couch that some friends and I had installed into The Sheraton's elevator bank and Mr. Gorshin entered at the lobby.

We all just sat there agape, until the door finally opened at his floor.

And then my friend Mark yelled, "Riddle me this, why are you so fucking drunk, Riddler?"

Mr. Gorshin did not respond and seemingly retired to his room.

We were drunk too.

But then he died. I mean, not that night, but shortly thereafter. He died after I saw him on Broadway doing George Burns in "George and Gracie," in which, he was brilliant.

RIP, Mr. Gorshin.

No comments:

Post a Comment